ASHRM Exchange Rules & Etiquette
Community discussions (ie. listserv or digest items) and library entries are intended to address issues of interest to the health care risk management community. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, ASHRM has established basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using ASHRM Exchange, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines below. You also agree to reserve discussions for topics best suited to the medium, such as soliciting advice of peers, sharing experiences and participating in ongoing conversations. Questions about ASHRM Exchange should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to review these guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages civil and fruitful dialogue, ASHRM reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Discussions on the Site are meant to stimulate conversation and exchange of knowledge. Be courteous; let other users have their say and refrain from intimidating or attacking other users.
- Include a signature on all messages. Include your name and affiliation.
- In the subject line, state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments. This allows users to respond more appropriately to your posting and to easily search archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete irrelevant header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send a message to an entire group or list only when it contains information for everyone’s benefit.
- Send messages such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too" to individual recipients, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- To update any of your contact information or change your email address or settings, you must do so from your Profile or contact ASHRM at email@example.com. Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the list,” to the full group or using the site private messaging functionality.
- Use of the Site by any member or vendor to sell, advertise, solicit or market any products or services is prohibited. Do not upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, surveys, promotional materials or other such communications. Using the Site for promoting a product or service may result in immediate loss of access to the Site.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASHRM and users of the Site a nonexclusive license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. Remember that all users have the right to reproduce postings through the Site.
- Any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Information posted on the Site is subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws. ASHRM reserves the right to reject any message or posting for any reason.
- Do not encourage or direct users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Do not harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications. Do not use software or other automated means to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any of the following: private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers or financial information; software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; content that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site or that may expose ASHRM or other users to harm or liability of any type.
- To report any concerns, contact ASHRM at (312) 422-3980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is provided as a service of ASHRM. ASHRM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this Site. ASHRM does not actively monitor the Site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings.
A. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND ASHRM DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGMENT. ASHRM FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT AND DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE. ASHRM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF ANY CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. ASHRM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND ASHRM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
B. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ASHRM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY PROVISION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ASHRM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
C. INDEMNITY. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS ASHRM, ITS SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEY’S FEES) ARISING FROM: (I) YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SITE; (II) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY TERM OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT; (III) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PROPERTY, OR PRIVACY RIGHT; OR (IV) ANY CLAIM THAT ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY. THE FOREGOING INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THIS CODE OF CONDUCT AND YOUR USE OF THE SITE.